The tariff is low, but for good reasons!!
Ok, you need to know that this place is great and people don't leave good reviews as they want the tariffs to stay low (they fluctuate wildly according to demand). So please know -
1. There is a LIFT (4 floors of accommodation)😀
2. The rooms have split system air conditioning.
3. The rooms are kind of mini four star hotel rooms with ample towels, toiletries, hair dryers etc
4. There is a laundry in the basement and they give you free packets of powder ( but it costs $6 in coins per wash and $5 per dry, 60 minutes).
5. The rooms are clean with bed linen and towels professionally laundered. I have stayed numerous times over the years and the rooms have always been clean.
6. It is run by the YWCA NSW, a non-profit which does many good things including helping women survivors of domestic violence. This is why the tariffs are usually low, being a charity and your money is going to a good cause 😇
Ok, the negatives. Right next to a railway track (which I love, the sound of it). BUT if you ask for a room on the side of the building AWAY from the tracks they will oblige.
The rooms are a perfect size for one person but for two people considering staying, please be aware they are only double beds and the bed is pushed against the wall due to the small room size. For people who like their space, maybe splash out more money for a more conventional hotel/ motel room.
For the tariff I'm paying ($71 as a Gold Hotels.com member) I am very happy!
Thankyou Song Hotel Redfern!
Catherine, Reis van 3 nachten, 25 jan. 2021
The location of hotel was easily accessible from central station or Redfern station. Management was very obliging , warm and friendly. Loved the double glass doors that stopped any street noise. Beds comfortable, shower was clean and hot. Will stay again 😃
Meredith, Romantische reis van 1 nacht, 20 okt. 2020
The room was not soundproof like your website said it was and theres a very busy train track with trains going all night & morning that are very loud, barely got any sleep! Please refund!
Matt, Zakenreis van 1 nacht, 9 mrt. 2020
Staff was very nice and helpful and location was very goog. Also very good breakfast.
Reis van 8 nachten, 22 feb. 2020
Not close to train station
The description of the hotel was misleading. It is not close to the train station. It's across the park and up a steep hill. The room is very small. Breakfast was adequate. It is in a safe area. Me
Irvin, Reis van 5 nachten, 11 feb. 2020
Everything was great: staff was very nice, location was very good
Jose, Reis van 8 nachten, 31 jan. 2020
Right next to the busiest train track in sydney, very noisy. I had 2 cockroaches in my bed. Tiny cramped rooms. Tiny cramped bathroom. Shower door was broken. Aircon was broken.
Reis met vrienden van 2 nachten, 30 jan. 2020
Pretty basic hotel (extra small rooms, limited breakfast options, zero facilities) but extremely expensive
Romantische reis van 4 nachten, 28 dec. 2019
Rooms were very basic and tiny however reasonable for the price. Good budget hotel for if you just want a shower and a bed.
Reis met vrienden van 1 nacht, 3 dec. 2019
It was ok. Luckily I wasn’t in the room that much. It was a tiny box.
Zakenreis van 2 nachten, 20 nov. 2019