The manager was nice and helpful but the facilities could use some improvements.
1. There was no hot water in the bathroom shower or sink. I'm pretty sure that the bathroom was not even plumbed for hot water.
2. We had to buy a can of ant spray to kill all of the flying ants that were hanging on the wall. After a few days of spraying, we didn't have the ant problem any longer.
3. The management does not provide toilet paper.
4. The door lock was very difficult to unlock from inside the room. You had to use a key to lock the door from the inside therefore, anytime you wanted to leave the room, you had to use the key to open the door. It looked like the door and lock were fairly new but it really was difficult to lock and unlock. I worried that in the event of an emergency, we would have a hard time getting out of the room.
5. The bed needs new mattresses.
6. The maid service is only once a week on Wednesday.
7. At first, it was hard to locate the motel due to the fact that there are no road signs that mark the names of any street on Aruba. It took a few days to learn how to find places because of this problem.
8. I know that the guard dogs are probably necessary but it was annoying to have the dogs bark at you when you came and went and when you took out the trash. Two out of the three dogs were not dangerous, but one of them I'm sure would attack if it got out of the fence area. The trash cans are right up against the fence and the barking dogs are very close.