not my best stay here
This was my 3rd time staying here and unfortunately it was not the best time! For the first 2 days there was no working keys for the room and had to be accompanied to the room to let me in and when the keys were working after 2 days had to have them re done! For the first 2 days had no hot water in the shower and to be fair after I told them it’s was sorted out only for it not to have hot water again for the last 2 days and unfortunately I was leaving so no time to have it fixed! There was a lot of kids staying in the hotel and at night was extremely noisy and although this is not the hotels fault I can’t help but think they could have told the staff of the school trip that it was a problem for other guests! After 2 days the cleaners took my towels out of the room but never replaced them and as for cleaning the room all they done was make the bed no sheets were changed for 9 nights I personally think that’s not acceptable! Despite all of these problems I have to say the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and I have to say it was nice coming back to friendly faces! I understand that it’s been a extremely difficult time all over the world and hotels have suffered a lot more than other businesses but I think this hotel needs a lot of attention and upgrading! Sorry hotel Windsor but this is my honest review
Benn, Reis van 9 nachten, 15 jul. 2020
Location was good
AC remote did not work
Straff was great!
They Did not change my bed blankett more then once in 14 days. So i needed to tell them to change it after I noticed it was not changed after cleaning.
The bed was not the best but I have been sleeping in worst.
The room is to noicey, I could hear people Talking in another room clearly.
Marcel, Reis van 14 nachten, 19 feb. 2020
Average stay 'not' a UK 4* standard...
Overall i enjoyed my stay it was a good location where i needed to be and budget friendly. However some points are worth noting.
In my room the TV did not work, well it worked but there were no channels, which didn't bother me as i was mostly out and about exploring. There is no iron, tea coffee etc in the room and everything has to be collected from reception which is a pain when you are 4 flights up and the lift was on a number of occasions broken. The reception was mobbed on a few occasions with a massive I'm guessing group booking, it was absolutely manic, they were all kids running about!
Breakfast was mediocre, so after trying it the 1st night i just sourced my own for the other mornings.
There was noise as there were works going on and a poster on the wall informed you of this, no information at time of booking or checking in.
As for the location its great 5min walk to the seafront, plenty of amenities.
Last point i was sold this hotel as a 4* but being a business traveller predominantly in the UK, this establishment is at best the equivalent of a 3* UK standard of hotels.
Edward, Reis van 3 nachten, 11 feb. 2020
Great position, staff were so friendly and very accommodating. So pleased with this hotel.
Romantische reis van 7 nachten, 30 dec. 2019
We choose this hotel for the indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi neither were working or warm .
Linda, Reis van 7 nachten, 28 dec. 2019
Hotel.com capping at a premium & not customer frie
Overcharged by hotels.com first of all. Paid €60++ a night ROOM ONLY, whereas hotel charged €40 a night including breakfast. Phone in room didn’t work. Had to get lock fixed on sliding door as it was broken & tv had bad reception. Lift was broken, my 81 yr old mother struggled with this as she is on a walking frame, her toilet when flushed rose to top of rim.
Would like a refund please. This is more a hotel.com error for extortion & not doing your research into the hotels you are representing. ill be posting on social media otherwise.
Orla, Gezinsreis van 5 nachten, 28 dec. 2019
In general, this is a 4-star hotel that should actually have a 3-star rating.
Basically I was there for a weeklong vacation, but I had complaints with the hotel on almost a daily basis. Some example:
- I explicitly asked for a king-size bed with a single mattress. However, I got two separate beds put next to each other, I fell multiple times and went to complain to reception that did not fix the problem, instead, two days later, they zip-locked the beds together which didn't really solve the problem.
- At check-in, they asked for my credit card number for a security deposit (they don't have the technology to block your credit card). I refused to give my credit card number for privacy reasons. So after I explained that they should not ask people for credit card numbers, I paid the deposit in cash. (note the deposit wasn't advertised or communicated until I got there and checked in).
- The towels situation is funny, we either didn't get towels at all, or got less towels than we needed, or got the towels collected at 10am and cleaned/returned around 2:30pm.. so basically we couldn't shower for 4:30 hours.
- The breakfast buffet is humble with limited fixed options. Only the single type of daily dessert was changing.
- The staff varies a lot between being nice and helpful, to nice but not helpful to straight up rude.
- At some point towards the end, the bed had bedbugs!
MJ, Romantische reis van 8 nachten, 23 dec. 2019
Would have loved for the jacuzxi to be operating. Nice srea with restaurants nearby.
Julie, Reis van 1 nacht, 19 nov. 2019
Good location, friendly staff and relatively inexpensive.
Gezinsreis van 4 nachten, 20 okt. 2019
1. Constantly having to ask for towels toilet rolls etc. 2. Sockets hanging of the wall and sparking in bedroom. Reported but not rectified.
3. Was told if fire in restaurant, for emergency exit we needed to get the lift to second floor walk width of building to go down stairs to Ground floor for exit.
4. Bath water was orange (Rust in pipes maybe)
5. Not a single apology from staff about issues
Reis met vrienden van 7 nachten, 12 okt. 2019